2.01.2009

The Weekend

A while back Marc asked if I would help him with part of a stake young men/young women activity that he was in charge of.

What he really meant was could I plan, shop for the food, gather and transport all the supplies, and then cook a strawberry waffle and sausage brunch for 50 people. And then of course clean up.

I was happy to do it!
I am thankful for the three ladies who agreed to help, and to those who loaned their waffle irons!



Here is my trunk loaded up and ready to head to the church.














That was our Friday.

Then on Saturday I asked Marc if he wanted company on the drive over to Bremerton to check on one of our projects.

What I really meant was that after we had fun tramping all over the job site, and after he took me out for a bite of dinner, I wanted to head over to Chimacum High School to see Hannah and Ellie's performance in a musical version of the Taming of the Shrew called "Best Beware My Sting".

He was happy to agree!

First the progress at the Bremerton site.

Here is the framing for the footings all ready for pouring. Beautiful isn't it? And look at that nice grading. Sigh.














Here is another section of framing for footings, for those of you who love construction like I do. The scene made my heart go pitter-patter. Or maybe it was the steep hike down that hillside that got my heart going. I'm not sure.














And later that night, here we are with Ellie and Hannah after their fun show.














I know filming live performances is usually prohibited, but I took a few teeny tiny clips anyway, and no one stopped me, so, ha, maybe no one saw. Or maybe no one cared. Anyway, it falls under the heading," shoot first and ask questions later." I have always loved that heading.

Ellie as Katherine telling off her new husband.


Me being my technically challenged self as I try to capture Ellie singing.


Hannah as the widow bonking Hortensio in the head when he tries to kiss her.


Here are Hannah and Ellie both singing


Hannah taking her bow.


Ellie taking her bow.


And the final bow for both girls.


So that was our Saturday.

All in all, I think we made each other happy this weekend,
and it was really fun. And Ellie and Hannah were fantastic in their show. And it will be a long time before I want to see another waffle.

7 comments:

Jane said...

Oh you and dad are cute. I love the little clips from Ellie and Hannah's play! I'm glad you put them up.

Anonymous said...

I am feeling so SAD now that I missed their show !!!
LeAnn

Anonymous said...

We just looked at the videos thanks for putting us on your blog Auntie!
~Ellie and Hannah : )

Aunt LeAnn, no worries, we'll be in other plays!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Haha my favorite is the one of Han and Hortensio! It makes me laugh every time!
~Ellie

Danielle said...

Thanks for posting those videos!

Looks like you guys had quite an adventurous weekend. And you made me hungry for strawberry waffles.

Alissa said...

That was a dimple you detected on my Baby Ella. How observant of you!

Katie and Randy said...

Great post! Looks like you and dad are staying very busy. Good job pulling off the breakfast. If anyone could, you are the woman for the job...maybe that's why dad asked.

Can't wait to see you this weekend!