2.06.2009

Valentine Refreshments & BBall

I am in the Stake Primary Presidency, which means that I help oversee the children's programs in 6 congregations or wards in my church. Part of my responsibilities are to train adult leaders.

Tomorrow we are holding a music training for all the adults who are involved in teaching music to the children. We invited a woman who is a professional music teacher, and is known for her fantastic work with children to come and show us many of her techniques. We started out with 20 adults coming, and then another stake wanted to be included so it was going to be 40 people, and then a few more people heard that this woman was teaching, and so now we will have 60 in attendance.

When 60 Mormons meet there must be refreshments. It is an established rule, I am pretty sure.

So my friend Rachelle and I got going early this morning and made 60+ big heart shaped sugar cookies. After a couple of hours they were all baked, iced, packaged and ready for tomorrow.
















































It was a fun morning, with a fun friend. And I think tomorrow will be a great meeting. Can't wait.

But for now.....I am getting ready to pick up Marc at his office, and we are going to drive down to Tacoma and meet Katie and see Randy play basketball for Pacific University against Pacific Lutheran. It is going to be wonderful to sit in the stands with her. I might even take a break from talking and look up at the game once in a while. Rah, rah, go Randy!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Those are so darling! Gosh...I'm telling ya, you are never going to get out of these callings doing such a cute job. You will be in the Primary pres for EVER! I'd never let you go.

I was just thinking the other day that it will be fun when Avery is big enough to be interested in doing fun holiday things. I have to think things like that sometimes to balance out all the times that I tell her she has to stay a baby forever. Which she isn't by the way. I swear she turned into a toddler overnight. Although she is not quite toddling. Close though.

Have fun with Katie and Randy!

ps. Guess what I am doing? Taking apart the car seat again to wash. Only this time there was a LOT more puke. Gross. Poor thing.