1.22.2009

Avery And My Little Chair

Hey Avery, how 'bout we take a picture of you in my little chair!

Sure Grandma, how's this?



















Here I am sitting.



















Yes, sir, I'm sitting right here for ya.



















Um, Grandma, you could use a little glue there.



















So, are we about done with this chair sitting business?



















No? Did you say no?



















Ah, gee, what did I get myself into?



















Really, Grandma, this is getting pretty boring.



















As in extremely boring and tiresome.



















Come on, enough already. I don't like this.



















I am starting to think you are not listening to me.













Just a minute, while I scratch my nose



















So back to what I was saying...



















which was, I'm outta here!



















Ok, ok, ok, you can get off the chair, but Avery, some day I think you will want to sit longer in my chair, because some day, just out of curiosity, you will open that cupboard door you were sitting right in front of, and you will discover that that is no ordinary kitchen cupboard. No sir. It is the secret home of kitchen dolly Ruth and her two pups. I think you will want to pull the chair right up to the cupboard house, and settle in, and start having a good time.

Here is a tiny peek behind the door. Oh, look, they are playing cards. And I see Ruth has been reading a stack of books from her library.














Wow, Grandma! No kidding!
I had no idea there was a secret dollhouse cupboard in your kitchen!And you say the chair is the perfect size to sit in to play with it?



















Hmmm, alright then



















maybe, when I 'm a little more grown up



















I'll rethink the chair thing

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh that is so cute!! OK I know I am biased. I love your little chair. Such a cute and whimsical little thing. And I am sure Avery will love the doll cupboard soon...very soon. In fact I am sure she would like to stand right up there and put them in her mouth at this very moment. She is currently sucking on a fat quarter.

Jane said...

Ha ha this is so funny and cute! It makes me wonder what she is really thinking all the time.

I looove the doll cupboard. I think it is one of your best ideas in our house!

Anonymous said...

The dialogue is perfect! This is so cute! I wonder what Avery is thinking and what she would say if she was talking...i think it would be pretty close to what you expressed. Mostly, I just love seeing so many pictures of Avery:)
-Katie

Jane said...

I just re-read this again and you are brilliant. It's hilarious!!