Last Saturday was our Stake Primary Activity Days Event - the event I was in charge of. I am posting this the following Friday. I think I am finally recovered. This is a rather blurry group shot taken in our "Town Square" at the end of the day. I am the extremely tired lady in the back on the right hand side, behind all the cute, adorable little girls.
As part of the duties of being in charge of this event it is my job to come up with a fun introduction to the day. "Well, what the heck", I said to myself, "I think I'll write a skit!" Remember all those old movies starring Judy Garland and Mickie Rooney? Remember how they always have a line in them that goes, "Let's put on a show! " A show that solved everything. I watched all those old movies and I am afraid they warped my mind.
The skit was called, "The Key Ceremony, In Which The Mayor Is Interrupted By Tigger". The Mayor starts out awarding a key to the town to his distinguished guests (all of us), and then Tigger interrupts him causing the upcoming events of the day to be explained to the girls.
We convinced our Stake President to play the part of the Mayor, and his counselor over Primary to play Tigger. Two respectable, busy, grown men who took time out of their day to come over to the church, dress up in goofy costumes, and act in a silly skit to amuse a gym full of little girls. I would say those are two good men. Or they might be gullible men. I'm not sure. Anyway, they had the girls laughing and giggling. Thanks to their performances, the skit turned out to be a great beginning to a very fun day.



1 comment:
ha ha ha.
I want to see pictures of the house fronts!
Post a Comment