6.12.2009

It's That Time Of Year Again

I've been busy lately. Every year for the last 4 years I have been in charge of our stake Primary activity days event. It is a one day super event where a 120 little girls come and work on activities that count toward their Faith in God award. My job is to create a concept and a theme, transform the building to reflect that theme, write a cute skit that will introduce the day, and organize the activities, and I round up 40 or so adults to help. Anyway, it isn't a one woman show. I have three other ladies on my team. Three fun women that I love.

Here we are last year dressed as airline stewardesses in front of our giant logo. Last year was "Friends Around the World" and we took a pretend trip around the world on a jet, and each class was held in a different country.

This year our theme is "Home Town USA". The gym is going to look like a town square, and then the classes will all be held in "shops" in the town. I have the job of making store fronts that will be taped on the walls around the doors that lead into the classrooms. After I went over to the church and measured the hallways and the doorways and the surrounding wall areas I drafted up some little storefront drawings to fit. I found that the easiest way to enlarge the drawings was to rig up a giant drafting board on my dining room table and just draft them life size.

I have to admit that I am having lots of fun on this project. It is keeping me busy. I only have a week and a few days left until the big day, so I am in that rush mode. Here is a peek at what I am doing:

The Bank store front

Drafting the roof part of the full size Bank drawing

The Bakery store front

Enlarging the bakery window.

My pile of drawings is stacking up, but I still have several more to do. Better get back to work.

3 comments:

{autie} said...

You're amazing!! Those kids are so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Unfreakinbeliveable. You amaze me.
LeAnn

Danielle said...

So clever...as usual. I can't believe you just drew all of those out. I can't wait to see the finished product (you will post photos right?)