5.15.2010

Alex's Graduation

So in my last post I was mentioning that I would confirm my dorkiness as a photographer when I posted Alex's graduation video. Well here is the evidence. Before you watch this let me remind you that I wear glasses for close up stuff like reading, and I wear a different pair of glasses for distance and things like driving. I was wearing neither pair of glasses when I was taking this video. Obviously that means that I can not see what is on the screen of my little camera, and also I can not see what is on the stage where Alex is walking. It is a bit of a problem.

(By the way, Alex is the one on the right when they say "LONG". He is not the one on the left that I follow for a while, and he is not the one who comes into the frame on the right that I check out, and he is not in the empty chairs)



Alex and Jane outside after the graduation. It was such a happy day. Alex is a fine young man, and we are very proud of him.



After the graduation Jane hosted a dinner party at their apartment. She made these darling cupcakes for dessert. For the picks she used plain pictures of Alex and she faked on a graduation cap somehow digitally. On the back of each pick she had different quotes about education. How cute is that! I am not sure exactly, but I think I heard that she made those cupcakes and picks somewhere between midnight and three A.M. the night before the party, while typing two term papers with her left hand. She is amazing if I do say so myself.

6 comments:

LeAnn said...

That actually makes me feel better that the only two pictures I took at Ellie's graduation were NOT Ellie!! She was, in fact, on the complete other side of the stage!

Woodengirl said...

Wait. You got to go to Ellie's graduation. What the heck. Are you the favorite auntie or something?

Jane said...

I'm just glad to have some sort of video...I still feel dumb that I didn't think to bring my video camera OR long camera lens...OR glasses for that matter. ha ha.

Jane said...

Also, hopefully by his next graduation you'll be better at your video camera...because that's when they'll mention my name as the wife (and possible kids? 4-5 years is a long time). So keep on practicing!

LeAnn said...

Dad and I went to Ellie's graduation (and all the Spitzies, except Milt). It was a totally last minute thing since we didn't know if she would graduate until two days before. She hadn't done her Senior Project yet. Not only did the little bugger do her Senior Project in three days, but she took the medal for the BEST Senior Project in her class !! What did that teach her.

Woodengirl said...

Oh, that's right. Now I remember.

And Jane, I will. I will keep on practicing. But so far, it isn't doing much good. Just saying.