And if your daughter and son in law were returning every bottle and can they could get their hands on to save up for a new camera five cents at a time,
And if you had promised to save all your empties, and the extended family's empties toward the cause,
And if you were driving in your little town, and spotted an empty diet Pepsi bottle laying just off to the side of the road in the dirt,
Would you pull over, and wave sweetly to the line of cars you have inconvenienced because you didn't pull over all the way off the road, and now they have to stop. Would you flash your biggest smile as you get out of your car, run over and pick up the bottle, run back, waving the bottle in the air, and then hop back in your car as the line begins to honk and get impatient?
Would you do that?
Yes?
Me too.

3 comments:
you betcha! in fact, we just had my in-laws visit from AZ...and they loaded their pickup with cans from work, home and neighbors...$31.72....thank you very much!!! I love finding recycling on the side of the road on my runs...yes, i will even pick up beer cans! sick! good luck getting your camera!!! ps you make me laugh!
I can't tell you how HARD it was for me not to pack my empty pop and beer cans from Hawaii in my suitcase and bring them home for Katie and Randy!!! Even worse was they had a locked garbage bin with a little hole in the top, so I had to drop each can in separately. Would have been less painful if I could have thrown the whole bag in one swoop!!
LeAnn
hahaha Auntie! We really appreciate everyone's efforts. I now feel validated know we're not the only people snatching up recyclables every where we go.
-Katie
Post a Comment