10.30.2009

Movie Review



Michael Jackson's This Is It.

Gets a thumbs up!

Loved it. 
Loved it.
Loved it.

I have always loved knowing the back story, this movie is about that.  I love the creative process, and this movie is full of that.  It is a glimpse into who Michael Jackson was as a creator which was interesting.  The movie is also a little bit sad, in that Michael's habits in his personal life let down an awful lot of talented people who were working on the concert with him.  I am thinking about the word betrayal.  It seems to fit.  Sorry Michael.      

The person from the movie that I am left pondering about though, is the blond female electric guitar player.  I think I want to be her in my next life.  I think I am going to start to pretend to be her when I play air guitar when no one is looking.  She makes me wish I were cooler.   Who is she?  I want to see more of her.  And those boys in the dance chorus - I might pretend to be them too, when I'm dancing around in my kitchen.  I hope you never see me play air guitar as the blond, or dance as the boys, because I am sure it will be much better in my mind than it is in reality.  Just saying.  

Anyway, if you like creative, musical, interesting entertainment go see the movie!                   

5 comments:

Katie and Randy said...

I hope I DO see you as a blond dancing around and playing air guitar in the kitchen!! love it!

I've heard nothing but good things about this show. The female guitar players name is Orianthi. I only know this because the talk show I listen to in the morning had her on the show. she played on the show and seemed amazing. maybe we'll have to check this out this weekend.
Love you!

Woodengirl said...

Oh, Orianthi. Thanks Katie! I am an official Orianthi fan now.

Anonymous said...

My hairdresser was just telling me yesterday how great this movie was. The only problem is, I am so sick of everything Michael Jackson right now, I'm not sure I can force myself to watch it. Even Evve is dressing up as Hans Solo for Halloween this year. Course, she was Michael Jackson last year.
LeAnn

Jane said...

I'm with Aunt LeAnn. Give me a while and then I'll want to watch it (maybe about the time it comes to the dollar theater in a few months...how convenient, ha ha).

Anonymous said...

of course WE have seen it! Evves been bugging me since she heard about it. it finally came to monroe, so we went. and i have to say that i LOVED it. and was surprised that there were so many people there at 2:30 in the afternoon. when we walked in there were some teenagers playing his music so we got to have a little pre-show. i asked evve if she knew those kids, (you would think that she would have found all the M.J. fans by now), she said that they probably go to another school! figures.
Love, Sarah