11.24.2008

River walk

Marc and I took an afternoon walk along the river in Duvall over the weekend.

The river flooded recently, and came right up over these banks. You can see how the grasses that grow on the bank were pushed down by the flow of water.

The rushing water deposited sand from the river bed right up onto the upper bank.

Here is the path we walked along. Late fall beauty as far as we could see.

3 comments:

Katie and Randy said...

I can't believe how high the water must have been! I love the last picture best, a great portrait of fall.

Jane said...

I think it is so cute that you and dad go on walks together now.

Anonymous said...

Rico, Midge and I go on a loooong walk at least once every week. There's this one house that I've been DYING to show you, Colleen. I'm going to have to remember to bring a camera next time we go to take a picture. It reminds me of you every time I see it. I don't know what architectural style it is, but I'm sure you will nail it.
LeAnn