4.11.2009

Easter

This will be a very different Easter morning  for me.  It is the first time in my life that I will be all alone, by myself on Easter morning.  Nobody but me.  No Easter bunny, no Easter baskets to make up, no candy or eggs or seek and find.  I don't know if I should be forlorn, or if I should do a celebratory dance.  Don't feel too sorry for me though.  I pick Marc up from the airport mid morning and then there is the big family gathering at Dad's in the afternoon.

I thought you might enjoy some of the Easter photos I have taken for my visual reference file. All this inspiration and nothing to do with it, except share it of course, which is just about as fun.  

Easter morning on a street in Florence, Italy a few years ago.  

Easter goodies in a Florence shop window.  The little swan and piggy confections on the bottom shelf were in most of the shops, so I assume they are some sort of popular treat.   

Pink foil wrapped Easter egg with bunnies and flowers in a Florence shop window

Big Easter egg wrapped in a cream scarf with silk flowers in a Florence shop window

La Petite Rose Patisserie in the Montmarte area of Paris at Eastertime.

Huge chocolate egg with pink ribbons set in a bowl in La Petite Rose window.

A shop in the Opera district in Paris with it's windows full of Easter baskets and the color orange. Orange is such an unusual Easter color, but I think it is beautiful!  

A close up of one of the baskets.  I love how they arranged the candies all crowded in and standing on end.  It is just a solid mass of Easter treats.  

The bowl in the back makes my heart go pitter patter.  I think if I could have any basket,  that is the one I would choose.  Hopefully I would be able to substitute jelly beans for all the chocolate. 

So, which basket or Easter treat would you choose?  

3 comments:

Katie and Randy said...

What great pictures. Too bad you couldn't fly over to Florence and enjoy Easter window shopping. In a perfect world:)
So I think i'm coveting the large bowl as well. although, the square crate in the right corner looks interesting. I seem to be drawn to straight lines and sharp corners. oh, and forget the chocolate and bring on the gummies!

Jane said...

Oh I love these pictures! I'm glad you posted them--makes me nostalgic. I remember oohing and ahhing over all the elaborate treats in Florence. I'm glad you have a picture of La Petite Rose, too--that was just up the street from my Paris apartment, remember? Sigh.

I'm not sure which treat I would choose...I like the yellow bowlful of eggs, too. I also like the little white swans in the Florence window but I'm not sure I'd want to eat them. Does it count if I say I'd pick macarons at la petite rose for my easter basket? ha ha.

P.S. This is a random note, but I just remembered that I wanted to tell you that there is a Gelato shop in Provo just on center street. I think you and I should go when you come down for graduation!! It is almost as pretty as the real Italian gelato.

Anonymous said...

i choose the pigs...for obvious reasons

love, sarah