10.28.2008

Oops.

Did any of you notice something wrong with Avery's Halloween bag? Anything at all? Like, say, ALL THE PUMPKIN HEADS SEEM TO BE POINTING STRAIGHT DOWN! .... DID NO ONE NOTICE THIS? Were you all just being polite? Trying not to hurt my feelings, or point out that I had lost my marbles?

HELLO!
(Translated: Hell - Oh, or in reverse: Oh - Hell) I mean heck.

I have the voice of This Woman ringing in my ears. This is what she is saying: "Well, if it were me, I would take that out and do it again, because if you are going to do something you might as well do it right." "But that's just me, it is just what I would do." I am hearing it over and over and over.
Oh, Gads! I love ya Gram.

So here is Avery's new and improved trick or treat bag with the pumpkin heads right side up.
Really, now, did any of you notice? Fess up!

7 comments:

Jane said...

I'll be honest...I did notice! I wondered if I should say something, but I didn't want to make you feel bad, ha ha. And then I thought maybe it was on purpose--like one side of the bag had the heads pointed up and the other had them down or something. (I assumed you had a reason for it). I like the fact that you are a perfectionist about this type of stuff--it makes everything you create lovely.

Love,
Jane

P.S. I love that picture of Grandma Welch.

sarah said...

ok i noticed too.... i thought maybe they were upside down so that when avery is carrying the bag she could look down and see the pumpkins right side up! ( you buying any of this?)

still a great bag!

Anonymous said...

OH, one more thing. for your own sanity.

colleen, you need to remember the words of another great lady, (...mom...) "done is better than perfect." she probably came up with this saying after YEARS of living with her mother.

love Sarah

Anonymous said...

I DID NOT NOTICE!!!

And I've never seen that picture of Grandma Welch before so I'm sitting here bawling my fool head off missing her. And laughing at Sarah all at the same time.

LeAnn

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you re-did that. Also...I didn't notice at all. I am not so observant with details...I am more of a whole impact kind of person. Funny. Anyway, you are very very kind for doing that.

Anonymous said...

Richard just wondered how come there are more rows of pumpkin heads in the new version of the bag. Did you make it bigger?
LeAnn

Anonymous said...

Well, I am not very much into picking out stitches for a thousand hours to remake something. It kinda causes me to cuss.

I had enough left over fabric to just make a whole new bag, which was much faster and less frustrating. I made a pattern when I made the first bag, and I used it to cut out the second bag, so it should have been the exact same size. I think when I folded over the top part and put it through the handles I made the fold over a bit smaller on the second bag. But not much. Maybe a half inch. If you count the wood slats on the porch swing that the bag is sitting on in each picture you can see that the bags are very close in size. They are both about 8 slats tall. (7 slats plus a half and a half)

We are gonna have to watch out for Richard. What the heck? How did he notice that half inch difference? I didn't even notice that the pumpkins were upside down!
Colleen